Do you strive for knowledge?
Before doing anything it’s important that you have a solid foundation and a clearly defined goal, without which you may be acting aimlessly or even counter-productively. Review content here on CopBlock.org and expose yourself to content and ideas shared elsewhere. Ask questions. Think for yourself.
If you have suggestions about content that should be included here please let us know: http://virginiacopblock.org/contact/
Badges don’t grant extra rights
Can an action illegitimate for you suddenly become legitimate when done by another simply because they have on their chest an ounce of tin? It shouldn’t, but many act as if this is the case. This (bad) idea, when accepted, bestows upon some stranger the “right” to initiate force. Replace that bad idea with one more commonsensical: Individuals are responsible for their actions no matter their attire or place of employment.
True, individuals working in law enforcement might mean well, but they’re hamstrung by perverse incentives. Their claimed monopoly means no one is held accountable, nor can it ever be “fixed” through internal investigations. If you see a police officer doing something wrong for you to do, call them out, record and share. Transparency is key. Failure to act after witnessing even the most trivial of transgressions only bestows upon such actions tacit consent and sets the stage for even more egregious actions.
Stop acting as if those wearing badges have extra rights – they don’t. You know this. See through the charade and think for yourself. Good people are standing up for their rights and connecting with and supporting others. Cease looking to an external authority and govern your own life.
- Leftover Crack – Operation M.O.V.E. 3-min.
- Caught in the act – why citizens MUST retain the right to film police & government officials 4-min.
- How to Interact with Cops 4-min. [included in playlist above]
- Brother Ali – Uncle Sam Goddamn 5-min.
- Non-Aggression Principle by Liberation Animation 5-min. [included in playlist above]
- Know Your Place: A Response 5-min. [included in playlist above]
- A Growing Movement 5-min. [included in playlist above]
- Lowkey – Terrorist? 7-min. [included in playlist above]
- The Tiny Dot 7-min. [included in playlist above]
- “FILM THE POLICE” B. Dolan ft. Toki Wright, Jasiri X, Buddy Peace, Sage Francis 7-min. [included in playlist above]
- Cops on Camera by the Cato Institute 8-min. [included in playlist above]
- POLICE BRUTALITY – Recording The Police is Dangerous, but Necessary! 8-min. [included in playlist above]
- If You See Something, Film Something 8-min.
- A brief history of the Modern Police 8-min. [included in playlist above]
- The Philosophy of Liberty 8-min. [included in playlist above]
- Dale Brown of Detroit-based Threat Management Center is On-Point 8-min. [included in playlist above]
- Want to End Police Brutality? Focus on the Institution 9-min. [included in playlist above]
- I’m Allowed to Rob You! 10-min. [included in playlist above]
- When You Should Shoot a Cop 12-min. [included in playlist above]
- How Could A Voluntary Society Function? 13-min. [included in playlist above]
- The Story of Your Enslavement 13-min. [included in playlist above]
- The Reason To Peacefully Cooperate 18-min. [included in playlist above]
- The Stateless Society – An Examination of Alternatives 32-min. [included in playlist above]
- Adventures in Legal Land 40-min. [included in playlist above]
- Politics versus Personal Liberty 42-min.
- BUSTED: The Citizen’s Guide to Surviving Police Encounters by Flex Your Rights 45-min. [included in playlist above]
- Agorist Class Theory: A Left-Libertarian Approach to Class Conflict Analysis 48-min. [included in playlist above]
- Don’t Talk to Police 49-min. [included in playlist above]
- Torture: America’s Brutal Prison’s 50-min. [included in playlist above]
- These Streets Are Watching 53-min. [included in playlist above]
- The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude 67-min. [included in playlist above]
- The Criminalization of Nearly Everything 69-min
- America: Freedom to Fascism 107-min. [included in playlist above]
- State or Private Law Society? 115-min. [included in playlist above]
- American Drug War: The Last White Hope 122-min.
- Waco: The Rules of Engagement 136-min.
- Above the Law: Police and the Excessive Use of Force by Jerome H. Skolnick and James J. Fyfe > at Amazon.com
- Adventures in Legal Land by Marc Stevens > at Amazon.com
- Anarchy and the Law: The Political Economy of Choice edited by Ed Stringham > at GoogleBooks I at Mises.org I at Amazon.com
- Arbitrary Justice: The Power of the American Prosecutor by Angela J. Davis > at Amazon.com
- Chaos Theory: Two Essays on Market Anarchy by Robert P. Murphy > download .PDF I at Mises.org
- Go Directly To Jail: The Criminalization of Almost Everything by Gene Healy > at Amazon.com
- No Treason: The Constitution of No Authority by Lysander Spooner > download .PDF I at Jim.com I at GoogleBooks I at Amazon.com
- Our Enemies in Blue: Police and Power in America by Kristian Williams and Joy James > at Amazon.com
- Rats! Stop Snitching by Claire Wolfe > at Scribd.com/CopBlock I download .PDF I download Kindle (mobi) I download Nook (epub)
- Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America’s Police Forces by Radley Balko> at Amazon.com
- The Enterprise of Law: Justice Without the State by Bruce Benson > at Mises.org I at Amazon.com
- The Politics of Force: Media and the Construction of Police Brutality by Regina G. Lawrence > at Amazon.com
- Three Felonies A Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent by Harvey A. Silverglate > at Amazon.com
- To Serve and Protect: Privatization and Community in Criminal Justice by Bruce Benson > at GoogleBooks I at Amzon.com
- Vices Are Not Crimes: A Vindication Of Moral Liberty by Lysander Spooner > download .PDF I online in-full I at Amazon.comFurther Reading:
- For a New Liberty: The Libertarian Manifesto by Murry Rothbard > download .PDF I at GoogleBooks I at Mises.org I at Amazon.com
- Healing Our World in an Age of Aggression by Mary Ruwart > at Ruwart.com I at Amazon.com
- I Must Speak Out: The Best of the Voluntaryist edited by Carl Watner > download .PDF I at GoogleBooks I at Amazon.com
- The Discovery of Freedom: Man’s Struggle Against Authority by Rose Wilder Lane > download .PDF I at Amazon.com
- The Law by Frederic Bastiat > download .PDF I at Bastiat.org I at Amzon.com
- The Market for Liberty by Morris & Linda Tannehill > download .PDF I at Mises.org I at Amazon.com
- The Most Dangerous Superstition by Larken Rose > at LarkenRose.com I at Amazon.com
- The Production of Security by Gustave de Molinari > download .PDF I at Praxeology.net I at Mises.org I at Amazon.com
- The Voluntary City: Choice, Community and Civil Society edited by David Beito, Peter Gordon & Alexander Tabarro > at Amazon.com I at GoogleBooks
Alternatives to Top-Down Provision of Protection PART2 by CopBlock
added on 2013.09.14
Alternatives to Top-Down Provision of Protection PART3 by CopBlock
added on 2013.09.16
Essays / Posts / Studies
- Abolish the Police by Anthony Gregory
- Alternatives to Police by Rose City CopWatch
- Copwatch Handbook: An Introduction to Citizen Monitoring of The Police by Berkeley Copwatch .pdf format
- Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau
- Dealing with Crime in a Free Society by American Revolutionary Vanguard
- Domestic Violence in Police Families by PurpleBerets.org
- Don’t Vote — Organize! by Anonymous
- Fifty Reasons to Abolish the Cops by andywright68
- How to Record the Cops by Radley Balko
- Individuals, Secede! by Will Grove
- Is It ‘Assault,’ or ‘Enforcement’? That Depends on the Costume by William Grigg
- Just Dial 911? The Myth of Police Protection by Richard W. Stevens
- Letter from Birmingham Jail by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Liquidate Your Local Police: An Idea Whose Time Has Come by William Grigg
- Organizing a CopWatch Program via CrimethInc.
- Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America by Radley Balko
- Policing for Profit: The Abuse of Civil Asset Forfeiture by Marian R. Williams, Ph.D., Jefferson E. Holcomb, Ph.D., Tomislav V. Kovandzic, Ph.D., and Scott Bullock
- Protecting Ourselves From the State by Scott Lazarowitz
- Seven Myths about the Police by CrimethInc.
- The Demand for Order and the Birth of Modern Policing by Kristian Williams
- The Myth of the “Rule of Law” by Brainpolice
- The Myth of the Rule of Law by John Hasnas
- The Policeman is Not Your Friend by Kevin Carson
- Thugs of the Organized Criminal Class by David S. D’Amato
- What is Jury Nullifcation? by Captain Six
- Why All Police Are Bad — for Society by Ademo Freeman
- Why The FBI Doesn’t Record Interrogations by David Drumm
- The Dishonest Cop by Walter Block
- Police, Law, and the Courts by Murray Rothbard
- Prisons: A Social Crime And Failure by Emma Goldman
- The Magic Words: A Know-Your-Rights Mixtape by Lonnie Ray Atkinson